Thursday, July 3, 2008

Your Eyes Do Not Decieve You...

Whoa.

What's this? What could it mean? Where did it come from? How did it get here?

Is it...Could it be...A post?!

Yes, it is! Oh the joy that floods within your soul as you gaze upon this long-lost treasure that has eluded you for so long! At last, after more than two long months, this wondrous item has resurfaced once more! You kick your reading into high gear, ready to swallow up whatever you can glean from it, before it too disappears into oblivion...

No, I don't actually think that you're really that excited. In fact, if you're reading this, I'd be surprised that you even bothered to check this blog anymore.

Anyway, where to begin, where to begin. Hmmmmmm. So many choices, so much bloggable goodness. So little time...

Ah, well, I suppose that I should probably give at least one reason for my absence...

So yeah, I've been very busy recently working on a cure for cancer.

...Really.

No, I'm not joking. This is actually perfectly honest. Well, perfectly honest when you take into consideration that this isn't my cure for cancer, I'm working for the doctor working on this intended cure. But I still am working on a cure for cancer.

Yep. Remember that job I mentioned earlier, about working in a research lab in the summer? Well, now it's summer, and now I'm working in the lab. Every day since Monday, I've been waking up around 6:45, driving to the train station at Sullivan Square, and riding the train to the research lab at Brigham and Women's Hospital so that I can get there by 9:00 and leave around six.

Guess how much I make every day? Somewhere around -$10.00 a day.

Yes, that's a negative sign. I have no experience in lab work, and only a high school education, so it would be near impossible to get a paying job like this right now. So, what with parking and train tickets and gas, I end up losing more than $10 every day. But, on the plus side, I'm learning tons (I already filled up 11 pages of notes in my four days there!). And I'm also learning how much I like the medical field. I'm actually enjoying all the time and money I'm putting into it. I see it kinda like a free summer course. I'm learning more than I could have had I signed up for a normal summer course, and I'm getting job experience to boot, which will look great for medical school and will help me land a paying job in the near future.

However, in the process, I'm waking up really early and coming home around 7 or 8. Not too fun, and that leaves me with almost no time.

So, sorry about that rambling, somewhat aimless and rather self-centered post. But I gotta start somewhere, y'know.

Big, meaty, and juicy post in the works.

3 comments:

jb said...

If you can't be self-centered in a blog then where ever can you be?

I'm glad you're enjoying your work, and I think college will be easier than this summer for you!

Zuzusmoosher said...

Sadly, I think you're right.

Aaron C said...

You have an awesome opportunity. I'm sorry about the -10.00 salary...

But you'll make it up someday.